Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fighting Spirit

When Ms. Nina Parks got "The One," she was sooooo excited that she wanted to go out right away and embark on the new path she chose in her life. She decided to start where she left off. "Sometimes it's difficult to find your subject, so I decided to look back to what has always inspired me in the first place, Martial Arts. I trained for a long time, and when ever I go to my studio I always feel like I'm home. So, I figured what better place to start then where my heart is. Lucky for me, my karate studio (Oakland Karate and Kickboxing) was holding a smoker that very weekend. So I brought "The One" out there with me so I could snap flicks while keeping time. I mean I lucked out, since I trained there for so long I was able to have all access to anywhere around the ring which allowed me to get up to close enough. I was still getting use to working my camera; adjusting my settings, focusing and of course timing. But, if training in Martial Arts taught me anything at all, it's to never give up and that you have to put in a lot of time and hard work if you want to be the best at what you do. You can't give up. Of course you're not going to be perfect at it the first few times around, but you gotta follow the levels one step at a time and then move up the ranks. Just like everything in life step 1 is get up and be there. So what if you make mistakes. Sometimes it's the only way to learn what to do and what not to do. Just don't get discouraged when it seems to be getting too hard. Nothing that you want to be great at is easy, all you need is a fighting spirit to push you past the "trying" times. "

1 comment:

ILLERCLIP said...

That last paragraph was very touché. Nice Blog 2.